Sunday, February 28, 2010

Little Boy Blue

Well we took on the task of painting the office this weekend with "cool sky" for baby boy. It turned out really nice actually, I'm really glad we did it, because it made the room feel a lot larger and more open.

Steve and I had a great time working together, laughing at my 8 month belly trying to fit into my painting clothes, and just enjoying each other's company. The job went by quickly and we've decided after painting our whole house upon moving in last year, we definitely have gotten better at this whole painting business. We used a primer-paint in one paint this time and it actually worked really well and saved us a coat, so that was nice. Thankfully we've gotten better at estimating how much paint we need too... ( anyone need 10 gallons of roasted almond?)

Aubrey and Daddy prepping the room. I put up the blue tape during the day and Aubrey came in and said, " It's bootiful mommy! It's my favorite!"

Being silly...

Me and my girl
She was soooo happy to help. We had a little roller and she was pleased as punch to roll a bit of paint on "all by herself". The trick was getting her to stop...


This picture is posted to show you I'm not vain! Me in all my early morning, pre-shower, paint clothes wearin', pregnancy glory : ) My sweet little Aubrey rolling her roller while I worked the "mommy" roller.


We don't believe in silly child labor laws in this house...

Reaching "high like the sky" as she said.
Proud of a job well done : )

1 comment:

  1. I love the "high like the sky" picture. I miss my Aubrey!

    ReplyDelete