Tuesday we went out and bought her a potty and Tuesday afternoon we gave it a go. She did pretty well, having some accidents as was expected, but we had success too! She got a dum-dum lollipop every time she went potty, and a dora sticker on her "chart"( aka: a piece of 3 hole notebook paper stuck to the fridge!, which she loves by the way...) . It worked great and the next day she only had 3 accidents, 2 of which weren't really her fault. We had the missionaries over and she tried to bring her potty out to show them how she could do it, but of course I had to nix that so we didn't make it back to the room in time.
Day 3 and 4 and 5? PERFECT! She has done amazing and has not had another accident ( knock on wood). It basically took her a day and half to get the hang of it. I couldn't believe it! I was definitely dreading all this business. Let's hope she keeps it up!! She never goes when I ask her to try (of course), but will just drop whatever she's doing and go when she needs to. I was surprised to see her doing it even when we were outside for a little while and she was busy doing other things. She's even been staying dry the last two nights.
I was nervous about taking her to nursery today, because she hasn't wanted to go on the big potty yet, so we had to put her in a pull-up just in case. But she did great and even went to the bathroom with the class and pottied like a champ! I was ecstatic! Sounds funny huh, but all you potty-training moms out there know what I'm talking about : )
So she's loving her princess potty and princess panties...and I'm loving our little "pottigy" , as Steve calls her.
She may not be the same 2 yr old from last week though, because today at dinner she turned down all her chicken and rice so she could eat more spinach, she's a potty pro, and was being extra polite! I could get used to this.... : )
wow! congratulations to ALL of you! That's great Aubrey! Keep up the good work. you'll have popeye arms before long too it sounds like :)
ReplyDeleteyay! don't be frustrated if she stops going all of a sudden. Its common for kids to stop because its not new or fun anymore. I hope she keeps it up!
ReplyDeleteA big milestone. congratulations to all.
ReplyDeleteThanks...so far she's been keeping it up so hopefully that continues. She has even used a couple public potties ( she never would try that before) and wants to use our big potty sometimes too instead of her little one. Hopefully we can graduate her to the big one fulltime : )
ReplyDelete