My baby boy turned 2 today and I can't believe it! He is our little sunshine and just such a happy boy to have around. He seriously makes us smile everyday and I can't imagine our family without him.
We celebrated his birthday on Saturday with a few friends and family. We had an airplane themed party because Asher is obsessed with airplanes. He can somehow pick out the sound of one no matter where we are or what kind of commotion is going on. : )
Here are a few (ok, TONS) of pictures from the party:
Asher LOVED his cake. He kept pulling over his little chair to peek at it and saying "Cake! Clouds! Air-pane!" Made the effort of making the cake/cupcakes worth it : )
We put all of the presents under the "baggage check" sign.
Our airport itinerary screen shot ( I had Steve put it on the tv and so of course they're all Canadian flights) : )
The kiddos coloring Asher's custom coloring pages in their "airport seats". I didn't get a picture of that either but I made little seat signs for "Asher Airlines" that had their seat number on it. We also made an Asher Airlines- Celebrating 2 yrs in service sign to go on our balloon wreath for the door. (again another thing I didn't get a picture of)

Our "pilot's lounge" for the adults
Singing Happy Birthday...
Blowing out the candles ( He was sooo excited to do this!)
Grandma Kent and Baby Claire....Uncle Jason and Aunt Crystal
Pin the propeller game
Opening gifts...
The kids were all very interested in the present opening of course
Asher was the one who actually lost interest the quickest! : ) He sure loved the tissue paper though!
Everyone flying their paper airplanes. We were lucky to enjoy a gorgeous spring day
around 80 degrees.
My good friend Erin and "prego buddy". Her daughter and Asher are just a few months apart, and now we are due just a week and a half apart this time around! : )
Having fun digging in the garden bed
That's the kind of smile you only get with hands that dirty! : )
Grandma Kent and baby Claire
Uncle Jason and Papa
Baby Claire headed to the airport : )
I tried to get a good smiling/looking at me picture of him but these are all I got : )

Hooray! I'm 2!
Such a cute party. I might have to steal every last idea for Carson's birthday.
ReplyDeleteAsher is adorable. I can't believe he is already 2! Time goes by so fast.
I love all your pregnant shots. Your belly is the cutest.
Super scary about your niece. Is she doing ok?
I want to see pictures of your headboard!
Oh my goodness. I'm in love with this birthday part theme. Axel also has an obsession with airplanes. He heard thunder during a rain storm the other day and kept doing the sign for airplane! Asher is adorable and looks like such a little man with his haircut. Way to go on a perfect celebration!
ReplyDeleteMy sister is the most creative person on the planet! So cute Kristen...every last detail. And your lawn is so green...I'm green with envy of your wonderful weather.:)
ReplyDeleteCould you be any cuter? And Kari, that was a super lame joke up there in your comment:)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on baby boy...lots of boys going on right now!